Melanie Perkins is an Australian Technology Entrepreneur best know for Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Canva. Canva is an online graphic design tool for professionals and bloggers that provide access to photographs, vector images, graphics, and fonts.
As CEO of Canva, Melanie raised one of Australia’s largest early-stage investment rounds. Canva has been growing rapidly since its launch in August 2013 and is now empowering millions of people across from every corner of the globe. It is helping to create great designs and reach their goals, whether that’s landing a job with a stylish resume. People getting their business off the ground by creating great marketing materials or connecting with their community by designing great social media graphics.
Previously, Melanie founded her first company, Fusion Books, an online design system for schools to create their yearbooks. Fusion Books is now the largest yearbook publisher in Australia and recently expanded to France and New Zealand.
Quick Facts About Melanie Perkins
|Known for||CEO of Canva|
|Net Worth||$128 Million|
|Education||University of Western Australia|
|Quote||Set Crazy Big Goal and Make Them Happen|
Early Days and Education
Melanie Perkins was born in Australia. She spent her school days in Perth and learned a lot from the world because of her lifestyle. She was a commerce and communications student at the University of Western Australia before dropping out.
After school, she left her home with her boyfriend Cliff Obrecht and traveled to India only with a backpack. After that, she has shown the first signs of brilliance as a designer and made the way to the world of art.
Melanie Perkins Net Worth
Being a tech entrepreneur, she has managed to increase her income stream from Canva and Fusion books. There is no latest data but some source claims that she has $128 M+ of net worth. That makes her one of the richest young women in Australia.
Melanie Perkins Husband
She is a relationship with Cliff Obrecht for over 14 years now (as of 2019). Cliff Obrecht is also her business partner and founded Fusion Brooks together. He now serves as Canva’s Chief Operating Officer. They are together from since the university year.
Facts About Melanie Perkins
- Melanie’s first venture, designing and selling handmade scarves to sell in her hometown of Perth, Australia at the age of 14.
- Melanie Perkins was ranked in one of the Richest Women of Australia. Australian Financial Review ranked Melanie on No.17 in 2018 as Australian Young Rich List.
- She started Fusion Books as her first business in her mom’s living room. Fusion Book is the largest yearbook publisher in Australia at the age of 22. She started Canva bank in 2013 and is now $2.5 billion company after Canva was backed by top venture capitalist, Mary Meeker.
- Melanie and Canva co-founder Cliff Obrecht took out a loan and brought in a great tech team to build Fusion Books.
- Coolest Tech Girl – In 2016, Business Insider ranked Perkins No.3 on their list of the coolest tech people in Australia.
- She believes in setting crazy BIG dream and achieving it.
- Alongside her entrepreneurship, she also engaged in supporting nonprofit organizations.
- She follows Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes, co-founders of the multibillion-dollar software company Atlassian.
Melanie Perkins Social Links
Melanie Perkins Facebook Page
Melanie Perkins Instagram @Melani Perkins
Melanie Perkins LinkedIn – Melanie Perkins
Melani Perkins Twitter MelanieCanva